HEAD ON OVER TO THE NEW SITE www.lucentproductions.com

About Me

Lucent Productions is an freelance video production company focused in action sports but with additional experience in a wide range of video production from commercial to wedding videography.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Duck Sauce.


I hadn't checked the Red Bull RoughCuts page in a long time since the last comp ended. The internet hit a lull tonight so I randomly browsed over and discovered that the the winning edit that took the top prize was a JOKE! There were three other finalists that could have easily won the comp based on technical editing alone. Straight cuts, some minor splices, and not even one cross dissolve?! For an video editing competition winner thats pretty weak. I guess I can't blame Red Bull, Ryan Sheckler picked the winner on this one, not an actual panel of judges that know a thing or two about making movies. Lame Duck Sauce for sure. Check out the vids for yourself and let me know what you think.

Am I bitter that I wasn't a finalist this time aroun? Maybe. I guess I'll have to go watch my second place edit for the first Rough Cuts while I pout.

No comments: